Skip to main content

The Netflix Series That Will Help Reorganize Your Life


"Just because you dispose of something does not mean you give up past experiences of your identity" -- Marie Kondo

Hello, Hello!

Wow, it seems like only yesterday when we were all enjoying the holiday season. Baking cookies. Sitting around the fireplace. Spending time with our loved ones. Now, we are in the middle of March. How did that happen?!? Well, for me. This week is very dear to me. Not only is it my Spring Break, but we are officially 12 days away from the first day of Spring (March 20th). I cannot wait! I've had enough with the chilly weather, bring on the sunshine! 

For most of us, I am sure we are all familiar with that one time out of the year where we decide: "hmm … you know what? I'm free today. How about reorganizing my life. It's looking a little messy". That time is the start of Spring Cleaning. Sure, we do clean in the Winter too -- but what is so special about Spring Cleaning? Why do we feel the need to clean just because it's spring cleaning?

The truth is-- life gets busy. We can't always clean as thoroughly as when we do for Spring Cleaning, but we can always try.


A couple of months ago, Netflix came out with a series called: Tidying Up With Marie Kondo which aired on January 1st of 2019.

Haven't seen it yet? I'll wait for you to watch the trailer. If you know who I'm talking about, feel free to read ahead.



Inspired by Marie Kondo's books, this show is essentially a visual guide to the content which is included in her books. The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up is essentially a magical guidebook that can help you reorganize your life by ... you guessed it, tidying up. Once you have finished the first book, enter the world of Spark joy -- which is Part Two of cleaning up. I know … it's a lot to take in -- but don't fret. I'm here to explain! 




If you're more of a visual learner, I would definitely suggest just watching the series! The Netflix Original consists of 8 episodes which are approximately 45 minutes. Each episode revolves around one family, individual, friends, or a couple who desperately need the help of Marie Kondo to reorganize their life (internally and externally). 

To me, this show is very calming seeing the process from start to finish. While the show can seem repetitive after a while, I would suggest trying out the Konmari Method on your own and coming back for more inspiration when you need it.

 However, the best part of the show isn't actually the people in need of assistance, it is indeed the tips that Marie gives to the viewers to help get you started on your own Konmari journey.

This may sound strange, but ever since I was little -- I've loved to clean and organize my lifestyle, so this show has actually been a dream come true for me. In the words of Marie:


If you are someone who doesn't know where to start, trust me … watch the first episode. I think you'll be convinced that cleaning can definitely change your attitude and lifestyle.

Tell Next Time!

xx Alicia


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Top 3 MCU Movies To Help Awaken Your Inner Superhero

“I look around at us and you know what I see? Losers… I mean like, folks who have lost stuff. And you think life takes more than it gives, but not today. Today it’s giving us something. It is giving us a chance.” – Star-Lord ( Guardians of the Galaxy ) People are not born superheroes, they become one.  It should be no surprise that the Marvel Cinematic Universe has inspired thousands of fans -- young and old alike for its captivating storytelling. From web-slingers to super-soldiers, Marvel Studios has created superheroes that inspire us to become heroes of our own.  Growing up, I didn't really know about superheroes. Sure, I knew Superman and Wonder Woman (which I am well aware is DC Comics) -- but I was a Disney kid at heart. I loved the princesses and the classic storytelling -- specifically movies in the Disney Renaissance Era. Aladdin. Lion King. Beauty and the Beast. These were strong protagonists who became a better version of themselves through selfless

The Top 10 Movies That Promote Teamwork

"Don't you realize? The next time you see the sky, it'll be over another town. The next time you take a test, it'll be in some other school. Our parents, they want the best of stuff for us. But right now, they got to do what's right for them. Because it's their time. Their time! Up there! Down here, it's our time. It's our time down here." -- Mikey (The Goonies) TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK Whether you are an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert -- like it or not, teamwork is one aspect within our lives that isn't going anywhere. Teamwork is a term that we all need to better familiarize ourselves with. You might be thinking: "--but, I can do these things on my own. I'm independent. I don't need the help of others". But, you do! We all do! While it may seem exhausting to be apart of a team, it can actually be quite refreshing. Teamwork means collaborating with others who have a different perspective and insight in

Animated Movies To Help You Cope With The Loss of a Loved One

"Know that I'm with you the only way that I can be. Until you're in my arms again. Remember Me" -- Miguel (Coco) Losing someone you care about most deeply is never easy to come to terms with. Even if they aren't gone yet, you have to essentially prepare for the inevitable. While I am not one for being vulnerable with my feelings, it is only fitting with this blog post. I have been close with my grandmother for 20 years. We have never been apart. When I was little, we (meaning my parents and grandparents) moved from Livermore to Stockton. While I have no recollection of this move, I do remember my childhood home. The small single story-home with a two-car garage. The greenery which spanned across the front. Cars occasionally passing by as we overlooked an empty field (which was now the soccer field of  Weston Ranch High). So many memories: good and bad have occurred within that house. Bringing home our first and only St. Bernard puppy. Breaking my arm at