Skip to main content

The Top 3 MCU Movies To Help Awaken Your Inner Superhero


“I look around at us and you know what I see? Losers… I mean like, folks who have lost stuff. And you think life takes more than it gives, but not today. Today it’s giving us something. It is giving us a chance.” – Star-Lord (Guardians of the Galaxy)


People are not born superheroes, they become one.

 It should be no surprise that the Marvel Cinematic Universe has inspired thousands of fans -- young and old alike for its captivating storytelling. From web-slingers to super-soldiers, Marvel Studios has created superheroes that inspire us to become heroes of our own. 

Growing up, I didn't really know about superheroes. Sure, I knew Superman and Wonder Woman (which I am well aware is DC Comics) -- but I was a Disney kid at heart. I loved the princesses and the classic storytelling -- specifically movies in the Disney Renaissance Era. Aladdin. Lion King. Beauty and the Beast. These were strong protagonists who became a better version of themselves through selfless acts. While my Disney obsession has not gone anywhere, it was the introduction of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (and the obtainment by the Walt Disney Company which I am most thankful for) that has forever changed my life for the better. 

I can remember being a 10-year-old sitting in the theater waiting to watch: Iron Man. While I did not thoroughly remember the movie as vividly as I would have hoped, I remember the feeling that emerged leaving the theater. It was the joy of seeing Tony Stark becoming something greater. To fight for others and not worry about himself. To fight his way out of situations and to beat all odds. Ten years and 20 immersive stories later, there is a reason why I keep coming back for more. Not only am I invested with the story that Marvel Studios tells, but the role-models and inspiration that has helped me become a better version of myself. 

Now, without further ado, to commemorate the tenth (almost eleventh) anniversary of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, here are the most selfless acts of Marvel's most-loved superheroes to help you awaken and inspire you to become your own inner superhero. 



Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)

More Than A Super-Soldier


Although an origin-story for how Steve Rogers, an ordinary boy from Brooklyn, becomes Captain America -- this is a movie I would most definitely recommend watching in full. Steve is an extraordinary example of what it means to be selfless, courageous, and above all: a hero and a contributor to society. While this is not on Netflix, it is currently available to purchase or rent from other platforms.


Steve Roger's Grenade/Training Scene


 
Peggy and Steve Plane Crash Scene


Honorable Mentions:






Avengers (2012) /  Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

More Than A Team


With a Billionaire, a Demi-God, a Super-Soldier, a Man with Break-taking Anger Management Issues, and a Couple of Master Assassins, it is not hard to see why the MCU's first superhero team-up movies have become a fan-favorite of the 20+ films. While not all superheroes get along at first, it showcases the progression of how this team works together to be as selfless as possible for the greater good -- ultimately becoming (what the world knows them as now): Earth's Mightiest Heroes. 

Although these movies are not streaming on Netflix, The third-installment, Avengers: Infinity War is and is a wonderful addition with the same concept. But, do me a favor -- watch all of the 20+ films before watching Infinity War. Trust me, you'll have a far better experience after being invested in the characters and the interweaving storylines themselves.


Avengers (2012)



Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)






Spider-man: Homecoming (2017)

More Than A Suit



Peter Parker is the epitome of the student who is just trying to pass his classes, yet he is also the most relatable human-being. While Spider-man: Homecoming is a retelling of one of the most familiar backstories, the MCU's Spidey is the most unique and authentic version yet! Thanks to Marvel's Cinematic Universe, Tony Stark helps Peter realizes that being a genuine version of yourself is often times the best. Peter learns that by being selfless, (even going so far as to helping the villain realize his awful mistakes) is better than sitting amongst the sidelines. To me, this is why Peter is deserving of the title: Spider-man.



Peter Parker Elevator/Monument Scene


Peter Parker Rubble Scene



Do you have any favorite MCU moments or a favorite superhero? Leave a comment down below!

xx Alicia








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Top 10 Movies That Promote Teamwork

"Don't you realize? The next time you see the sky, it'll be over another town. The next time you take a test, it'll be in some other school. Our parents, they want the best of stuff for us. But right now, they got to do what's right for them. Because it's their time. Their time! Up there! Down here, it's our time. It's our time down here." -- Mikey (The Goonies) TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK Whether you are an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert -- like it or not, teamwork is one aspect within our lives that isn't going anywhere. Teamwork is a term that we all need to better familiarize ourselves with. You might be thinking: "--but, I can do these things on my own. I'm independent. I don't need the help of others". But, you do! We all do! While it may seem exhausting to be apart of a team, it can actually be quite refreshing. Teamwork means collaborating with others who have a different perspective and insight in

Animated Movies To Help You Cope With The Loss of a Loved One

"Know that I'm with you the only way that I can be. Until you're in my arms again. Remember Me" -- Miguel (Coco) Losing someone you care about most deeply is never easy to come to terms with. Even if they aren't gone yet, you have to essentially prepare for the inevitable. While I am not one for being vulnerable with my feelings, it is only fitting with this blog post. I have been close with my grandmother for 20 years. We have never been apart. When I was little, we (meaning my parents and grandparents) moved from Livermore to Stockton. While I have no recollection of this move, I do remember my childhood home. The small single story-home with a two-car garage. The greenery which spanned across the front. Cars occasionally passing by as we overlooked an empty field (which was now the soccer field of  Weston Ranch High). So many memories: good and bad have occurred within that house. Bringing home our first and only St. Bernard puppy. Breaking my arm at