Skip to main content

The Best Superhero Movie For Women To Feel Empowered


"I used to want to save the world. To end war and bring peace to mankind. But then, I glimpsed the darkness that lives within their light. I learned that inside every one of them, there will always be both. The choice each must make for themselves -- something no hero will ever defeat. I've touched the darkness that lives in between the light. Seen the worst of this world, and the best. Seen the terrible things men do to each other in the name of hatred, and the lengths they'll go to for love. Now I know. Only love can save the world. So I stay. I fight, and I give … for the world I know can be. This is my mission, now. Forever." -- Diana Prince (Wonder Woman)


There is a backstory behind every person. There is a reason for the things that we do and a way that we look at the world which surrounds us. Patty Jenkin's Wonder Woman (2017) was the film which reignited the spark of female representation and empowerment within the film industry.

For those of you unaware of the impact that Wonder Woman has had on society as a whole:


Other Examples:




As you can see, having a female superhero has opened many doorways that have been long overdue. For the time being, Gal Gadot's/Wonder Woman's reign is far from being over. 


While the examples above may seem as if Wonder Woman is strictly for women -- it is not. We now see more males applauding strong female leads, children seeing themselves in these characters. If we were to examine superhero movies over the last 50 years or so, we would see that female leads have been minimal. Take for example: Black Widow. While Black Widow is an independent female worthy of fighting the world herself, she has yet to be in the spotlight. However, after the success of Wonder Woman, there has been a shift of inclusivity and representation of female characters -- supporting and main characters.

Examples?


Marvel's Black Panther (2018)


Marvel's Captain Marvel (2019)
Don't Forget To Get Your Tickets -- March 8th!


Marvel's Black Widow (In Development)


Female superheroes are what we females envision is possible when we believe in ourselves. When we don't have to be pushed aside, we can become so much more.

 Thus, while the Marvel Cinematic Universe has slowly began phasing in empowering female superheroes -- I would argue that Wonder Woman is the one who paved the way. 

So, do me a favor. Watch Wonder Woman. Like male superheroes, Diana Prince herself is able to accomplish and save the world just as much as men.

Most Empowering Scenes:



Until Next Time!

xx Alicia




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Top 3 MCU Movies To Help Awaken Your Inner Superhero

“I look around at us and you know what I see? Losers… I mean like, folks who have lost stuff. And you think life takes more than it gives, but not today. Today it’s giving us something. It is giving us a chance.” – Star-Lord ( Guardians of the Galaxy ) People are not born superheroes, they become one.  It should be no surprise that the Marvel Cinematic Universe has inspired thousands of fans -- young and old alike for its captivating storytelling. From web-slingers to super-soldiers, Marvel Studios has created superheroes that inspire us to become heroes of our own.  Growing up, I didn't really know about superheroes. Sure, I knew Superman and Wonder Woman (which I am well aware is DC Comics) -- but I was a Disney kid at heart. I loved the princesses and the classic storytelling -- specifically movies in the Disney Renaissance Era. Aladdin. Lion King. Beauty and the Beast. These were strong protagonists who became a better version of themselves through selfless

The Top 10 Movies That Promote Teamwork

"Don't you realize? The next time you see the sky, it'll be over another town. The next time you take a test, it'll be in some other school. Our parents, they want the best of stuff for us. But right now, they got to do what's right for them. Because it's their time. Their time! Up there! Down here, it's our time. It's our time down here." -- Mikey (The Goonies) TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK Whether you are an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert -- like it or not, teamwork is one aspect within our lives that isn't going anywhere. Teamwork is a term that we all need to better familiarize ourselves with. You might be thinking: "--but, I can do these things on my own. I'm independent. I don't need the help of others". But, you do! We all do! While it may seem exhausting to be apart of a team, it can actually be quite refreshing. Teamwork means collaborating with others who have a different perspective and insight in

Animated Movies To Help You Cope With The Loss of a Loved One

"Know that I'm with you the only way that I can be. Until you're in my arms again. Remember Me" -- Miguel (Coco) Losing someone you care about most deeply is never easy to come to terms with. Even if they aren't gone yet, you have to essentially prepare for the inevitable. While I am not one for being vulnerable with my feelings, it is only fitting with this blog post. I have been close with my grandmother for 20 years. We have never been apart. When I was little, we (meaning my parents and grandparents) moved from Livermore to Stockton. While I have no recollection of this move, I do remember my childhood home. The small single story-home with a two-car garage. The greenery which spanned across the front. Cars occasionally passing by as we overlooked an empty field (which was now the soccer field of  Weston Ranch High). So many memories: good and bad have occurred within that house. Bringing home our first and only St. Bernard puppy. Breaking my arm at