Skip to main content

Top 10 Movies To Help Boost Your Communication Skills


"We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday for whatever we did wrong, but we think you're crazy to make us write an essay telling you who we think you are. You see us as you want to see us. In the simplest terms, the most convenient definitions but we found out that each one of us is a brain" - Brian Johnson (The Breakfast Club) 

We think instinctively as human-beings that communication should be easy to understand -- but it's not. While we may understand a common language, we do not all share the same characteristics and experiences as each other. While we may wish it were as easy as talking to someone who knows exactly what you are trying to say or what you have gone through (as the quote says): 'each one of us is a brain'. 

Being an ambivert (but mostly an introvert), communicative skills can be even harder to try to obtain. Being in an environment where you're afraid to communicate can be even worse. Thankfully, I have learned that talking with others isn't scary. Sure, it may be intimidating. But, people aren't staring or judging as much as you think they are. They're going about their everyday lives. 

While not everyone is born with the best set of communicative skills, I am here to provide you with the chance to be more open to the idea of communicating better with others. However, before I provide you with the list: you may want to take a deep pause to recalibrate yourself and your instincts. 

Regardless, I present to you:

TOP 10 MOVIES TO HELP BOOST YOUR COMMUNICATIVE SKILLS
1.
The Breakfast Club (1985)


2.
 E.T.: Extra Terrestrial (1982)
3. 
The Intern (2015)
4.
Finding Dory (2016)

5.
The Parent Trap (1998)

6.
Jumanji (1995)
7.
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
8.
Wonder Woman (2017)
9.
Kong: Skull Island (2017)
10.
The Martian (2015)

With each and every movie, communication is seen in various forms. From direct face-to-face communication to indirect innovative communication. While not always easy, every individual is able to showcase what it takes to communicate with one another -- no matter the cost. 

Do you have a favorite movie that has helped you communicate better? Leave a comment down below!

xx Alicia



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Top 3 MCU Movies To Help Awaken Your Inner Superhero

“I look around at us and you know what I see? Losers… I mean like, folks who have lost stuff. And you think life takes more than it gives, but not today. Today it’s giving us something. It is giving us a chance.” – Star-Lord ( Guardians of the Galaxy ) People are not born superheroes, they become one.  It should be no surprise that the Marvel Cinematic Universe has inspired thousands of fans -- young and old alike for its captivating storytelling. From web-slingers to super-soldiers, Marvel Studios has created superheroes that inspire us to become heroes of our own.  Growing up, I didn't really know about superheroes. Sure, I knew Superman and Wonder Woman (which I am well aware is DC Comics) -- but I was a Disney kid at heart. I loved the princesses and the classic storytelling -- specifically movies in the Disney Renaissance Era. Aladdin. Lion King. Beauty and the Beast. These were strong protagonists who became a better version of themselves through selfless

The Top 10 Movies That Promote Teamwork

"Don't you realize? The next time you see the sky, it'll be over another town. The next time you take a test, it'll be in some other school. Our parents, they want the best of stuff for us. But right now, they got to do what's right for them. Because it's their time. Their time! Up there! Down here, it's our time. It's our time down here." -- Mikey (The Goonies) TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK Whether you are an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert -- like it or not, teamwork is one aspect within our lives that isn't going anywhere. Teamwork is a term that we all need to better familiarize ourselves with. You might be thinking: "--but, I can do these things on my own. I'm independent. I don't need the help of others". But, you do! We all do! While it may seem exhausting to be apart of a team, it can actually be quite refreshing. Teamwork means collaborating with others who have a different perspective and insight in

Animated Movies To Help You Cope With The Loss of a Loved One

"Know that I'm with you the only way that I can be. Until you're in my arms again. Remember Me" -- Miguel (Coco) Losing someone you care about most deeply is never easy to come to terms with. Even if they aren't gone yet, you have to essentially prepare for the inevitable. While I am not one for being vulnerable with my feelings, it is only fitting with this blog post. I have been close with my grandmother for 20 years. We have never been apart. When I was little, we (meaning my parents and grandparents) moved from Livermore to Stockton. While I have no recollection of this move, I do remember my childhood home. The small single story-home with a two-car garage. The greenery which spanned across the front. Cars occasionally passing by as we overlooked an empty field (which was now the soccer field of  Weston Ranch High). So many memories: good and bad have occurred within that house. Bringing home our first and only St. Bernard puppy. Breaking my arm at